Monday, July 12, 2010

Hangzhou

Some pictures from the buddhist monastary in Hangzhou.




It wasn't allowed to take photos inside the temple, but it was a view I will never forget. In the middle of the room was a giant golden statue of buddha, at least 10 meters tall. His eyes were nothing but black holes, but the facial expression was so ... don't know how to say, vivid? Can't really say what it was, in some way the statue seemed so alive.
I'm not really much of a religious guy and even less a spiritual one. But in that moment as I stared into those black holes for eyes, with monks all around the area and with my nose filled with the scents from the smoke outside the temple, I couldn't help to feel some divine presence or something. It was wicked cool.

From one thing to another - I've desperetaly need to start bringing my camera around more. Feels like I'm just uploading old pics all the time these days. I blame my work for this new habit a little bit; after a whole day of starring at a computer screen I don't really feel like doing that at home too. So hang in there a bit more, I'll make it fresh asap.

No comments:

Real Time Web Analytics